Thursday, December 4, 2008

Baby Update...

As many of you may know, we are having our first little baby in the first of April! Our due date is actually April 1...and we are having a little boy! We are so excited to have the first little addition to our family. Right now, I am 23 weeks along and getting bigger everyday. It is so fun to be pregnant! (well, most of the time!) I felt him move for the first time around 16 weeks, but didn't know if it was really him or not. The first time I really felt him kick and knew for sure that it was a kick was around 17 weeks. Casey was able to feel him kick around 19 weeks. That was so fun! From the time that I had felt him kick, I kept having Casey come and put his hand on my stomach to see if he could feel it too. But, of course, it was too soon...
We were at a BYU basketball game one Friday night (Nov. 14) and I could feel him kicking around a little bit. I told Casey to put his hand on my stomach, which probably looked pretty silly, but he did (probably just to humor me, not really thinking that he'd be able to feel something), but he did! It was so cute to watch his eyes light up as he asked if that was really a kick he felt. The baby then kicked 3 more times that Casey could feel! It was such an exciting moment. He felt him kick later that night, too. It has been so fun to feel the kicks getting bigger and bigger. He is now moving around all the time and I LOVE it! There are no words to describe the happiness that it brings...
It was so fun to be with family for Thanksgiving. Each of my sisters and my mom were able to feel him kicking. One night, we were all piled on the love-sac after watching a movie and I pulled my shirt tight around my belly. Kamrie, Torie, Casey, my mom, and I watched my stomach moving around and it was so cool to see the sudden rise in my stomach when he kicked! What a neat thing to see...
Every time that Torie walked by me while we were there, she put her hand on my stomach and asked if he was kicking. It was so fun to share our excitement with them!
I will get a picture of the 20 week ultrasound up soon...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can hardly wait for little Baxter!
Poppa C