Friday, February 5, 2010

Perspective

Just ask Casey, I worry and stress A LOT...Big things, little things, lots of things. And it drives me crazy because I know that I should not worry about those things. Everything always works out-it always has and always will. There are always going to be things that don't seem like they are working out how I want them to. There are always going to be ways that I feel inadequate. And I will feel like I am falling short at times. But that is not where my focus should be. Of course, there's ups and downs. When you are down, you can remember the ups and find your way back. When you are up, you can remember the downs and all that you learned and the strength you gained.
That's why this blog is good for me---It gives me an opportunity to focus on the good things that are happening in our life and the ways that we are learning and growing. No, I'm not trying to pretend like everything in life is always great and that there are never down times. Because there definitely are, a lot more often than I would like. But why focus on those if they only get me down even more? There are sure a whole lot of better things to focus on that make me happy just with a glance or a thought...
Like these two...
Even when Casey is gone a lot with work and school or little Brig is being "adventurous" (aka making trouble):
Just some thoughts that have been going through my head lately. I've been reminded to focus on the ups. I think it makes all the difference.

4 comments:

Steven and Chelsea said...

McKelle- You are so cute! I love you tons! Your cute little guy made me laugh when I saw that picture! It made my night!

Bailey said...

That was probably the most perfect post for me to read right now in my life! im right there with you, i stress...BAD, over EVERYTHING. ps brigden is a doll, i love how chubby he is!

Holly Janeen said...

well i think you are doing spectacular at everything, mckelle...
but that said, its good to know that i am not the only person worrying about stuff constantly!
thanks for your example in being positive :)

Too Legit to Quit! said...

I know it probably didn't seem like it at the time but that picture of Brig is PRICELESS. What a cutie! Can he open the fridge on his own??? Hope all is well and thank you for the encouraging words!