Friday, April 9, 2010

Birthday Boy!

This little boy had a birthday yesterday!

P.S. He looks naked in this picture, but he is not! He does have a diaper on! Haha :)

This last year has been filled with so much more happiness and joy than we ever thought possible because of having little Brigden in our home and lives. He is such a sweet little boy. I love seeing the new things that he learns every day. He is ALWAYS on the go and has SO much energy. I love this about him because it is so much fun to play and explore with him...and it makes for great naps...well, sometimes :). His zeal for life is contagious. It helps me to be more motivated to get up and going and seeing new things. He loves people and will walk up to anyone wanting to play with them. He gives the best kisses and hugs. He claps at things that are exciting to him like the timer going off on the microwave or oven or when there is fun music on the radio. I love how the smallest things are so exciting. He has started putting his hands over his eyes whenever he does something funny and we are laughing at him. When there is something that interests him and that he wants to learn more about, he does this little whispered "ooooooo" sound with his lips all puckered out. He loves putting the lids back on anything that is missing it's lid- boxes big and small, water bottles, plastic containers, you name it. It is fun to see his brain work and figure things out. I love his independence. It helps him to learn new things and catch on quickly. He says "mama" and "dada," "ba" for "ball," and "nana" for "banana." He loves to point and is constantly observing. Anytime that I say, "where's Daddy?" he goes into our front room and looks out the window. He loves when Daddy comes home. And so does Mommy! Brigden gives Daddy the biggest hug when he walks in the door.
As you can probably tell, I could go on and on about this little boy. But I'll leave it at this...
WE LOVE OUR LITTLE GUY!
I am grateful for Brigden and what he has taught me about being a mom. It is the hardest thing that I have ever done, but has taught me the most, along with being a wife.
NOW, on to the celebration! As you can tell, Brigden had a great time! We had a little party with just me, Casey, and Brigden. (I had extra batter, that's why there are so many cupcakes-no, we didn't eat them all ourselves!) I knew that Brig would not even hesitate to dig into the cake- and he didn't disappoint! My parents and sisters and Casey's parents are coming up from AZ in 2 weeks for my graduation so we are going to do a little combined graduation/birthday party---I think we will stick with a cupcake for Brigden at that party!

Here are some other pictures from the day...Brigden got a big ball and a tent with the gift card from Grammy and Umpa (Thanks!) And he LOVES them. The tent is his own little hideaway. He also got his first birthday card and from great-Grandma and Grandpa Charlton! Thanks for all the birthday wishes!

We love this little guy and are so excited for all that is in store for him!

2 comments:

Margo said...

So, so, SO cute! Ah I love this little guy! .. and you!

P.s. The cake and cupcakes look amazing!

taytum said...

Happy Birthday Brigden!!! I can't wait for you and Brody to play together. We stopped by for just a few minutes at Casey's parents house when you were here for the funeral, but Brigden was sleeping...darn it! Better luck next time!