Saturday, October 16, 2010

"...off the Florida Keys..."

So I guess that we were not "off the Florida Keys," we were ON them, but I had to go along with the song lyrics...Here's my first "catching-up" post. In May, Casey and I had the awesome opportunity to go with Jenny (Casey's mom) and two of his sisters, Jeniffer and Kimberly, to the Florida Keys. We were there for a week and it was such a great vacation. It sure was needed! We flew into the Ft. Lauderdale airport and drove for about 3 hours down to the Keys. How about I let the pictures tell the story...


This is where we stayed while we were there. Jenny sure found us some great deals! This was such a fun little house that was almost right on the ocean. The houses that were across the street from it backed the ocean. I loved how the Keys were a bunch of islands connected by a highway. I never realized before that they were like that. Each Key has a different name. We stayed on Summerland Key and went to some of the other Keys during our adventures! This is what we did:





We also celebrated my 22nd birthday while we were there! What a great way to spend a birthday!
(this one is for Kimberly!)

I think that the pictures tell it all...we were in such a beautiful place, with wonderful family, doing FUN things together, enjoying a trip of a lifetime! Thank you so much, Jenny, for making it possible and for making it such a special trip! And we missed you, Jimmy! And thank you Jeniffer and Kimberly for making it so fun!

I especially missed little Brigden who was back in Arizona with my family...Thanks Mom, Dad, and sisters for taking such great care of him...haha, I know it was a tough job! I don't know who had more fun, Brigden or his little aunties that spoiled him rotten! Love you guys! Brig's adventures while we were gone will be in a post coming soon!

I am so grateful that Casey and I were able to go on this trip. I loved seeing a new part of the beautiful world that we live in. It made me grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who has created such a beautiful world for us to learn and grow in.

Florida, I am missing you!

No comments: