Tuesday, April 26, 2011

A Trip to DC...

Ok, so I think that every post of mine should be titled, "Past due..." like the post a couple back because that's how most all of them are- way late!
This one is no exception...but I just had another realization that this baby boy is going to get here soon, and I wanted to at least be semi-caught up with the happenings from the last few months :)

At the end of February, Casey and I went to Washington, DC together, just the TWO of us! Needless to say, it was wonderful! Casey had an interview at George Washington Medical School in DC, and I didn't want to miss out on the fun...so we decided that I would go with him! We originally planned to be there for 4 days, but he ended up getting another interview while we were there at Virginia Commonwealth University in Richmond, VA, so we extended our trip a few more days. So we were there for almost a week. We had so much fun being together and seeing the sights. It was the first time that either of us had been there. Thanks to my family for taking such good care of Brig while we were gone and to Casey's parents for making the trip possible with extra plane tickets--staying that extra time when the airline was overbooked on our way home from Florida last year was worth the flight vouchers! It was super cold toward the end of our trip, but most of the days were so nice! I think that Heavenly Father made it warm so that I could see that it would be alright for us to move there if that's where Casey gets accepted, despite the distance, because we all know how much I love the cold! We stayed with some friends in both DC and Richmond and then in a hotel 3 of the nights (Priceline is the way to go for cheap rates on nice hotels! Thanks to Casey's mom for introducing us to it...) I am so bummed that I didn't get any pictures with the Petty's and their cute little girl and the Brockbanks. It was so nice of them to let us raid their houses for a few days!
So this is going to be picture overload, but there are not near as many pictures here as I took while we were there :) Enjoy!

We flew from Salt Lake to Phoenix to drop Brigden off with my family. My mom and Kamrie met us at our gate, ate lunch with us, and went with us to our gate for our connecting flight. Brigden LOVES my sisters and didn't even have any problem with us leaving him. He waved and said "bye" the whole time we were walking away. I think that I had the hardest time of us all! It was so comforting to know that he was in a good place with people who LOVE him and would take care of him. (not to mention SPOIL him to death!) You guys are AWESOME!

Brigden and Aunt Kamrie


Waiting in Baltimore for our train to DC
We made it! I don't remember the last time that I had such a relaxing plane ride, I actually was able to read a book instead of wrestling with a crazy cooped up little boy :)

Union Station

The White House
We went on a tour of the White House one of the days, which was really cool even though we didn't get to see as much as we thought we would...

We LOVED the Air and Space Museum. It was our favorite of the museums.




The Capitol Building
We also went on a tour of the Capitol Building, which was awesome! That was our other most favorite thing to see. We sat in on a session of congress when they were debating about a health care issue.

Casey and I standing over the very center of our nation's capitol...

More pictures from the tour of the Capitol building...






A bird's eye view from the top of the old DC Post Office. This was really neat to do. We would say it is a must-do while in DC

The elevator going up to the top of the Old Post Office

Washington Monument

While we were at the Washington Monument, the President was making his way back to the White House. It was really cool to see these three helicopters flying together. One landed at the White House and the other two veered off in two different directions and flew away.

The Hope Diamond on Display in the Museum of Natural History


I think that this is where I am going to end with the pictures because there are WAY too many more to choose from!

A happy reunion at the Phoenix airport! We were so excited to see our little guy again. That was a long time to be away, but oh-so-needed. It was so cute, he would not even let go of our necks for a few minutes. It's good to know that were missed although he was having the time of his life without us! Thanks again, Mom and Dad and aunties for taking such great care of him!

I will miss you, Grandma!

Going home...

Special thanks to Casey for making this trip SO much fun. I just love being with him and it was so awesome to be able to do this trip together. He was so patient with his "slower than slow" almost 7 months pregnant wife! We did so much walking and every time I would apologize for being slow, he would just smile and say how nice it was to "stroll" and not be in a hurry...I love that guy!

3 comments:

Briana Jensen said...

So glad you updated!! I love reading your blog! Your trip looked so fun and you look amazing for being 7 months pregnant!! So happy for your and Casey!! Hope things are going well! Miss you!

erika said...

That's so fun that you guys also went to D.C.! Looks like it was an awesome trip for you!

Steven and Chelsea said...

I have to admit I was looking at your pictures thinking, "How far along is she? I thought it was over half but she looks so cute and tiny!" What a fun trip and you look great!