Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Brigden's 2nd Month

Brigden had a pretty adventurous first few months, which you will see in this post and the next. When Brigden was 6 weeks old, we went to Arizona. Brigden and I went a week before Casey, so we decided to fly. I was very nervous about flying with a newborn, but it went great! The Salt Lake airport wasn't too busy and we flew through security. I couldn't believe that they would make me wake up a sleeping baby to carry them through! Just kidding, I understood, but sleep is precious. We got to the gate with a little time to spare and I ended up being able to take Brigden's carrier onto the plane because the flight wasn't too full, which ended up being very nice to have. He slept through take off and then woke up a little later to eat. Then he fell back to sleep during landing. I told Casey after the flight that we needed to invest in a flight simulator! :) I took some cute pictures on the plane, but cannot seem to find them, so I will have to add them later.
My mom and sisters picked us up from the airport and we went to my dad's work to show little "Baxter" off. It was so cute- we walked in the front door and there is a sign that usually has the stock quotes listed on it, but instead it read, "Welcome Baxter! #1 Grandson" What a great welcome! My dad was holding Brigden and he went up ahead of us because he was so excited to show off his first little grandbaby. When we walked in the doors to the main office, we saw my dad holding Brigden with about 8 women around him. One even had stayed later after her shift was over and waited to see him. He is a pretty popular little guy there!

It was great to be there with my family. I decided to go down a little bit earlier than Casey because Kamrie had her 8th grade promotion and was singing the National Anthem and it was Torie's birthday. I thought that it would be fun to be there for those things.
Kamrie did awesome with the National Anthem. She is a very talented and beautiful girl. High school here she comes!
You better be ready for her!
Happy 10th Birthday, Torie! Torie is a crack up. She is seriously one of the funniest and smartest girls I know. She is so clever and comes up with the craziest things. We love hearing about all of her crazy antics.

We also got to go to the lake while we were there. Thanks uncle Linsey! It was so fun! The water was perfect temperature and it was so nice outside. We love the sun! Casey had lots of fun wakeboarding and I was very proud of myself- this was 7 weeks after Brigden was born and I kneeboarded and skiied! I felt like that was quite an accomplishment. Needless to say, we were very sore after, but it was so worth it! And Brigden looked so cute in his little life jacket!




Brigden also got to meet his new little friend, Braxton, while we were there. He is Jessica's little boy that was born a few months before Brigden. Brigden was still a bit too little to really know what was going on, but Braxton sure was excited! I'm sure they will be the best of friends, just like their moms!

Here are a few more fun pictures of Brigden that were taken while we were there in Peoria. We sure do love this little guy! We found a cool teacup at Wal-Mart and decided to have a fun photo shoot with Brigden in it. Most people who see this picture do not believe that Brigden is just shy of 2 months when it was taken. But it's for real! He has always been a strong one...


See ya later!