Thursday, August 27, 2009

What a special day!

So this is back-tracking a bit, but I am working so hard on getting caught up so I can try to stay caught up!
On Sunday, May 31, 2009, little Brigden was given a name and a blessing by his wonderful daddy. Casey is such a great example to me. He prepared prayerfully to be certain that the blessing he gave would be the blessing that our Heavenly Father would have for Brigden, not only what we would want. He gave a beautiful blessing, which I knew he would. We decided to bless him in my family's ward in Peoria, the ward I grew up in. This was so all of our immediate family could be there to share this special day with us and Brigden. And everyone was there except for we were missing Elder Ames! But he is working hard. We were able to have so many special people that we love with us. Thank you everyone for taking the time to travel and come to be with us. We love you all! We even had some great friends that travelled to come share the day with us - Preston and Cordae, Dustin and Cynthia, and Jessica, Josh and little Braxton. And then there were some others from Peoria who made a special trip aside from their regular ward to be there - Michelle and Neal, Deanna, Sarah, Casey, and Paedn. Sorry if I've forgotten anyone...I'm kinda sad that we weren't able to get pictures of everyone who was there, we should've taken them right after because then it got a little busy. But we were able to get some great family pictures.
The power of the priesthood is a great blessing to our lives. I am so grateful for the example that Casey is to me and the faithful priesthood holder that he is. He works so hard and does so much to be the best he can be. He amazes me with all that he can accomplish. And he is the greatest daddy - so fun and so helpful. Brigden is a lucky little guy...Thank you Casey for all that you do!
We also are blessed to have a wonderful little son who is so much joy to our lives. We are so grateful for little smiles, little giggles, little hands, cute little feet - everything about little Brigden.

No comments: