Monday, August 24, 2009

Hello again!

I have set a goal for this week before school starts to get caught up with blogging, so I am going to set each day aside for a different month of Brigden's life! He is growing so much (and so fast) and it is fun to see the changes and progression from month to month. Today I am going to do his first month. There are lots of pictures and many more to come!

My mom and Casey's parents were here when Brigden was born, which was so wonderful! My dad was coming on the Saturday that we got home from the hospital, which I was so excited for. Originally, I thought that it would be about a month or so until my sisters were going to be able to see their first little nephew. That made me a little disappointed and I know that they were sad thinking that too. Well, Torie gave me a little tip-off that they were coming with my dad for the weekend. :) Torie is my little accomplice in figuring out secret information! (She let me know that Casey had talked to my dad before he asked me to marry him...but I'm not innocent in the situation - it was definitely after some prodding by me!) SO, I was so excited for them to come, but I still let it be somewhat of a "surprise." We got home from the hospital and they arrived a few hours later to meet little Brigden! It was great to have them here for a few days. I give them credit for all of the pictures we have of Brigden's first few days at home! If they weren't holding him, they were taking pictures. Which is great because we sure do have a lot! We didn't have a camera that worked that well at the time, so it helped a lot!
This is Brigden with all of his "tortillas." Casey speaks mostly spanish to Brigden and Torie kept hearing him say things about Brigden's tias (aunts in spanish). So when she was getting ready to hold Brigden, she said something like, "Ok Brigden, come to your tortilla!" We all just looked at her like she was crazy until we realized why she was saying it. Brigden sure loves his tortillas! So silly...

I LOVE this next picture. It is one of my favorites. My dad is so so good with Brigden. I love watching him play with him and take care of him. Brigden is so calm whenever he is with his Poppa C...This was the start of the Easter cake creation.
Here's a couple of the new mommy and daddy! (Notice that most pictures of me in this posts are of me laying down...that was pretty much my position of choice for the first couple weeks- sitting down just hurt too much with all of the stitches!)

Here's a few of Brigden's firsts...It was fun for me and Casey to give Brigden his first bath together. In the beginning, he did not like baths. But after the first few times, he started to love them. They are now one of his favorite things!

It is crazy how small he looks in his bath tub in these pictures. Now he fills the whole thing and it's almost too small for him!

My mom got him this fun outfit for his very first Easter and he wore it on Easter Sunday which was four days after he was born. We also had a fun photo shoot!

This is Poppa C's finished Easter creation. He is very creative. This is the "He is Risen" cake.

My dad and sisters left on Monday and my mom stayed for another week to help us out a little bit more. We are so grateful for all that she did to help. She had been in the hospital for her back before she came up to help us and her back was hurting a lot, but she did so much to help us - more than I ever could have asked for. Thank you mom! Also, thanks goes to my sisters who let me have mom here for so long!

Casey's mom and sisters also came for a week to visit and to see little Brigden. They brought two of their little boys who are so much fun! They also helped out so much, especially with meals. It was so great to have them here. I had Brigden a week and a half before finals, so I was still recovering during finals week. I was really worried about how finals week would work out with both me and Casey having finals to take, but Casey's mom saved the day! She was so great to drive me around and help with Brigden while I was taking my tests. She is great! Thanks so much Jenny!
Like I said before, we didn't have a camera that worked too well at the time, so I do not have any pictures from the time that they were here...this makes me so sad! (I stole this one off of Kimberly's blog, I hope that is alright!) But there are so many fun memories from the time that they were here...
This is little Colten trying to sweet talk Uncle Casey for gummy worms with his BIG smile...

Overall, we had a pretty smooth transition to being parents. We love having Brigden as a part of our family. We are so blessed to have a little boy who is so good. He has such a good temperament and is so good to us.
Stay tuned for month 2!

3 comments:

Shari Romney Family!! said...

I love the updates McKelle! Deanna has been telling me how you and your family has been doing! Brigden is so cute he looks so much like you! I was wanting to add you to my blog, but its set on private I need your email address!
~Shari Miller Romney
smiller9238@hotmail.com

Bailey said...

Keep the updates coming!

Jacie said...

Is that little boy Brigden?