Thursday, August 27, 2009

One year already!


This is my handsome brother, Elder Jordan Ames (I cropped this picture from a family picture from our wedding). I cannot believe that it has been a whole year since my mom, dad, and Jordan came to stay with us before we took Jordan to the MTC. It has been exactly one year today that we took him there - which I'm sure he doesn't like to be reminded of. :) In his last email he said, " First and most important! You are all completely ridiculous!!!! Why do you always have to make a comment amount how much time that I have been out!! :) I know that I only have a year left, but that does not mean that you have to mention it!!"
This is so Jordan. When he has a job to do, he is so focused and determined to do it to the best of his ability. No distractions! Jordan is such a hard worker. He is an awesome example to me. We are only 14 months apart in age, so I do not ever remember a time in my life that Jordan has not been there. I have so many great memories from growing up of us together. Here are a few:

-catching lizards together in our backyard
-playing in the sandbox and digging for "clay"
-making bracelets out of electrical wires that our uncle Lenny found
-having our own little "club" every Christmas Eve, we would always sleep as close as we could to the downstairs and then sneak out in the EARLY morning hours after Santa had come and gone to see what fun there was in store. Our little sisters were always mad that we would always be the first ones down there...They never understood how we did it!
-riding bikes in the cul-de-sac
-playing in our tree house and smashing up wild olives from the tree it was built in for "ink"
-driving to early morning seminary together - he would always get mad at me for doing my makeup in the car or spraying hairspray! haha :)
-going to EFY together and being in the same group- it actually was awesome!
-having him come to visit while we were at EAC - he stayed with Casey and his roommates in their apartment (it was before we were married) - I think that was a real eye opener for what college life is really like!
-Jordan always made me promise that he would be the first to know when we found out that we having a baby. Even if it was while he was on his mission - I had to write and tell him first. Well, we ended up telling him the night before he went into the MTC - what a mean sister I am! But I wanted to do it in person and that was the only chance I would have. I think he knew that he would have a niece or nephew before he came home, but I don't think he realized they would be a year and a half! I am so grateful for the amazing missionary uncle that Brigden has to look to for an example. It definitely will be a great day when they can finally meet! He will be able to speak Spanish with Casey and Brigden. :) Casey speaks mostly Spanish to Brigden, so they can talk together...
Jordan is working hard and doing awesome. It is definitely hard work, but he puts forth his all. His example (from when we were growing up and now) helps me to be a better person and see how I can improve. We love you, Elder Ames!

1 comment:

Deidre said...

Oh my boys are 14 months apart...what fun they have in store. Glad to know you and your brother are so close!